Information & Aftercare
Fully trained, qualified and insured member of International Institute for Complimentary Therapists.
Holistic Treatments General Information
At your first treatment it will be necessary to add approximately 10 minutes to the treatment session. This will allow time for a thorough consultation to be taken. This consultation is completely confidential as you will need to give details about your general lifestyle including personal details, diet, medical history and stress levels. This will enable the most effective and safe treatment plan to be determined.
In some instances, it may not be possible to continue with the session as there may be contra-indications to the treatment. For example, there could be a particular medical condition that may be aggravated by the treatment. In this case, it will become necessary to obtain approval in writing from your GP before treatment can commence.
Before treatment it is advisable that you do not eat a heavy meal and that you do not drink alcohol or take recreational drugs.
After your treatment it is recommended that you:-
- Drink at least 1 litre of pure water following treatment. This is particularly important when working around the upper back, neck and head area as any toxins released may travel straight to the head and cause a headache.
- Drink herbal teas instead of coffee and tea the body has just been detoxified so avoid introducing more toxins e.g. caffeine. Herbal teas also help to rid the body of toxins.
Avoid alcohol i.e. avoid introducing more toxins. You may also feel sick and have a strong reaction as the circulation has been increased.
- Relax and rest – this helps to make the most of the beneficial effects of the treatment.
Eat a light meal and avoid rich and spicy foods – the body cannot use its energy for healing if it is using it to digest a large meal.
Contra-actions to Treatment
These are natural / normal reactions or side-effects to the treatments and can sometimes be referred to as the “healing crisis” ie. the body’s need to temporarily worsen before getting better. These do not happen to everyone but it is perfectly normal if they do occur.
- Possible contra-actions include …
- Feelings of heightened emotion
- Flu-like symptoms
- Increase on frequency of going to the toilet